Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lady Viking signs letter to play volleyball for the NMMI Broncos Pauline Salanoa Tupe Von Dincklage

Pauline Salanoa Tupe Von Dincklage [SN photo]
One of Fagaitua High School’s own, Pauline Salanoa Tupe Von Dincklage has signed a letter of intent to play volleyball for the New Mexico Military Institute Broncos and receives a full ride scholarship to attend the junior college, where several Samoans are playing on the volleyball and football squads.

Pauline, 18, as seen in many sporting events, stands out with her remarkable athletic skills which captured the attention of off-island coaches and recruiters.

The Fagaitua senior who will graduate next month received two offers— from Kansas Seward County Community College and NMMI.

“My parents and I decided that whichever college would be the first one to offer, we would take the opportunity,” Pauline said during an interview with Samoa News. “I was happy with the decision of me having to go to KSCCC, but I haven’t received a letter of intent from them [as] they said that I would sign it if I get there.”

A few days later, Pauline received an e-mail, from New Mexico Military Institute Junior College Women’s Volleyball team Head Coach, Shelby Forchtener.

“I was so ecstatic. My mom and I jumped with joy, and I quickly got to my knees, and thanked our Heavenly Father, for answering my prayers,” she said. “All the hard work, and all the time that my family has worked with me in volleyball, has finally paid off. I am so honored to be selected and I have signed my letter of intent, which means I am under contract, and I will not be able to play for another school, until my years with NMMI are completed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment