Sunday, March 6, 2011

Maualuga says hes ready to respond


Now, Maualuga is vowing to respond with a better season.
“I think it’s a good thing he said that and then again why did he single me out. I don’t know?” Maualuga told the Cincinnati Enquirer. “I think this organization expected a lot out of me when I first stepped foot in this place. Then again I expected a lot out of myself as well. It’s like you ask the fan sitting out in the stands what stood out from Rey this year and I’m sure people won’t say as much. They will say I made a play here or there. I’m not satisfied with how I performed.”
Maualuga finished last season with 81 tackles, one sack and two interceptions.
The Bengals plan to move Maualuga to middle linebacker.
It's time for him to show why he was drafted in the second round out of USC and regain his old form.
“I need to start becoming a leader and the person I want to be and then everything will fall into place. I can’t sit here and wait,” Maualuga said. “It’s my third year in and it’s time to step it up, wake up and play. Things don’t get handed to you, you have to grab it. Now is my time to step it up and prove people wrong. I can’t be some random dude walking around the locker rooms anymore.”

No comments:

Post a Comment