Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bringing It- Federal Way LB Albert Havili 2013 prospect


February 12, 2012 by Scott Eklund


Last year the Federal Way football squad was loaded with talented seniors, but 2013 could see an even bigger uptick in talent and one player to keep an eye on is LB Albert Havili, a 6'2", 230-pound beast who will start to see recruiting pick up once the May evaluation period gets underway.

Havili started both ways for the Eagles this past season and earned First Team All-SPSL 4A after holding down a tackle spot on offense and racking up 61 tackles (41 solo) as well as two interceptions and one sack from his outside linebacker position

"I played mainly on the strong side and I think that's where I fit best, at least for our system," Havili, who runs a 4.65 forty, told Northwest Elite Index recently. "This offseason I'm working a lot on my reads, being quicker and getting my speed down to where it needs to be.

"I feel like I can improve in every area, so I'm not resting on what I did. You can always improve on stuff."

One way that Havili has done that is to attend one of the Barton Elite Camps at Garfield High School.

"It was a great workout with those guys," Havili said. "There were some really talented and quick guys there. I think I held my own, but yeah, it wasn't like you could take a rep off. You had to go hard all the time and that's what those coaches preach."

While Havili has yet to really start hearing from some schools, he is already thinking about what camps and combines he wants to hit this spring.

"I know I'm going to go to a (NIKE) SPARQ camp at one of the places I can go to," Havili said. "Other than that, I'll probably do some more Barton camps and then go to a lot of the school camps I'm interested in in the area. Washington, Washington State, Idaho, Boise State, Oregon, camps like that.

"I haven't set anything up yet, but that's what I'm looking at doing."

We'll have more from Havili in the coming weeks and months and will update news as it breaks with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment