Saturday, August 25, 2012

Recruiting: Michigan State sitting strong with several top recruits August 23, 2012 By Matt Dorsey

Norwalk (Calif.) Cerritos Community College defensive tackle Kyle Peko

The 6-4, 295-pound Peko is the cousin of former Spartan standouts Situpe and Domata Peko. Like his cousins, Peko is coming out of the junior college ranks as one of the top recruits in the nation. Peko has an offer list that includes MSU, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Kansas, Kansas State, Pittsburgh and Utah. Current MSU offensive tackle Fou Fonoti is friends with Peko and they keep in touch frequently. Peko told Brian Gates of Rivals.com just where a couple of "State" schools rank on his list.

"I am pretty interested in in Kansas State," he said. "They are pretty high on my list. Coach Mo Latimore is calling me and sending me letters. My favorite right now is Michigan State. I had two cousins play there and I think I can go there and play right away."

Peko is schedule to graduate in January. He will be able to enroll into a university after that and participate in spring practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment