Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Haloti Ngata Made More Money Over Last 12 Months Than Any Athlete Playing A Team Sport


By Zach Wilt, on June 19th, 2012

Even with a salary cap, football somehow seemed to give the biggest pay day of the last 12 months.

According to Mike McCartney, who cites Forbes, Ravens defensive lineman Haloti Ngata earned $37.1 million in salary and bonuses over the last year which is more than any other athlete playing a team sport.

Well done, Haloti. Congratulations.

If you gave me Ngata and four other options and asked me to pick the highest paid over the last year, I would’ve picked anyone else. I guess I had no idea just how much of a pay day he’s received.

Ngata’s numbers took a dip last season, but I don’t blame that on a fat check. He seemed to be playing injured most of the year.

He’ll definitely be earning that paycheck this season though with Terrell Suggs on the shelf for most of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment