Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ravens DT Haloti Ngata Says Injury Is Really Limiting Him


Filed Under: afc, afcnorth, injury, nfl, ravens, rumor
Posted By: SteveRobWhatever 2 Days Ago #1

Ravens Pro Bowl defensive tackle Haloti Ngata began this season in dominating form, chasing down quarterbacks and tossing aside blockers to tackle running backs.

Since damaging his right shoulder and spraining the medial collateral ligament in his right knee, Ngata hasn't been the same player in recent weeks due to his injuries.

"Now, it's limiting me," Ngata told The Baltimore Sun. "I just can't do what I want to do most of the time."

Ngata was able to record six tackles and a sack against the Dallas Cowboys three games ago despite dealing with the injury, but his impact has declined over the last two games.

He had two tackles in a blowout loss to the Houston Texans and then was shut out against Cleveland as rookie running back Trent Richardson gained 105 yards on the ground.

Ngata said he has no desire to take a week off to recuperate, adding that he doesn't think he'll need surgery to remedy the problems.

"Nah, definitely not," he said. "It's too important to win games. I think it will heal in time. I don't think I'll need surgery. It's just limiting me."

Source: Baltimore Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment